Did you know that…
- The Beatles stayed from 13th March, 1965 to 21st March, 1965 in Obertauern in order to film snow scenes for their film “Help”? Help was the most commercially successful film made by the Beatles, with 29 million viewers over the first 6 months!
- The Beatles stayed and slept at the Hotel Edelweiss? More precisely, in Rooms 502, 504, 506 and 507!
- Herbert Lürzer Senior acted as the double for Sir Paul McCartney in the skiing scenes? (The Beatles weren’t very good at skiing)
- The photo for the cover of the Help record was produced in Obertauern?
- The Beatles played their only concert in Austria in Obertauern? Their Assistant Director, Clive Reed (he stayed at the Hotel Marietta) celebrated his birthday during this time, and for this reason the Beatles played him some of their own songs there.
- The Beatles listened to the song “Yesterday” for the first time on record in the Hotel Edelweiss? "Yesterday" was voted song of the millennium!
- The Beatles, with 1.5 billion sound recordings sold, and with 27 number one hits, are the most successful rock band of all time?
As you can see, the Hotel Edelweiss and Obertauern are also an important part of musical history…
Of course, you can also book the room where in 1965 Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Star once spent the night at the Sport Hotel Garni Edelweiss